Advantages of Copyright Registration:
- Registering your copyright protected work provides evidence that you are the owner of your work.
- Copyright Registration is generally required before you can pursue an infringement action against someone who used your work without authorization.
- Copyright owner can take legal action against any person who infringes the copyrighted work. The copyright owner is entitled to remedies by way of injunctions, damages and accounts.
- Registration helps preempt the defense of “innocent infringement” for infringers who claim they didn’t know the work was copyright protected.
- A Power of Attorney (neither notarization nor consular legalization required) to be executed by an individual or a representative of a corporation, on a Stamp Paper of Rs.100/- Rupees One Hundred;
- Soft copy of the work (Preferably in JPEG, JPG or GIF file formats) alongwith (4) four hard copies of the work;
- For computer programs (4) four copies of the program on CD ROMs or DVDs;
- If the work is an “Artistic Work” which can be used as a Trademark, firstly clear copyright search certificate has to be obtained from the Trademark office and only thereafter, application for copyright can be filed in the copyright office.
Steps to register Copyright
Provide Basic Documents
Create Diary Number