Trademark registration helps in building trust, create self identity, global presence, brand building, legacy building, unique existence etc. .ENVIZI provides you the best services in India for Private Limited registration, OPC registration, LLP registration, PLC registration, Trademark registration, Logo registration , Copyright registration , ISO certifications etc. Trademarks are registered by the Controller General of Patents Designs and Trademarks, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India. Trademarks are registered under the Trademark Act, 1999 and it provides the trademark owner with a right to sue or claim for damages in case of infringements of trademarks occur. Once a trademark is filed a TM symbol can be used once it is registered an R symbol can be used and the registration will be valid for 10 years. Registered trademarks nearing expiry can be renewed for a period of another 10 years and the same has to be repeated after every 10 years.
Advantages of Trademark Registration
Protects hard earned goodwill in the business.
It identifies and distinguishes the source of the goods or services of the party from those of other
It is an evidence of ownership of the mark.
To offer licenses & franchises.
It serves as a notice to the public that you claim ownership in the mark.
If a person uses a mark in connection with certain goods/ services in the course of trade, which is identical or deceptively similar to a registered trademark for similar goods/services, the registered owner will be able to sue for infringement of a trademark.
If the mark is not registered, then the owner of the trademark can take the action of passing off under common law and the legal action under the passing off, requires proof of use and reputation of the Trademark each time an action is launched against an infringer. This process is very cumbersome.
If you do not register your trademark and someone else registers a similar or identical mark, the owner of the registered mark prevents you from using the mark.
Creates a Brand image and increases product or service values as well as trust.
- Power of Attorney signed by the applicant & in the case of corporate body, by the Directoror Legal representative of the company. (Please note that the power of Attorney need not be Legalized or Notarized .
- Trademark information form and affadivit
- Individual address, shopact, Certificate of Incorporation, Partnership Bid, depending on whose name the Trademark has to be filled
- Example: Voting Card, Driving Licence, Passport
- Example: Passbook, Utility bills
- Name of the Trademark/Service Mark to be registered.
- Date of first use of the Trademark/Service Mark in India, if any or whether it is proposed to be used.
- Full Name & Nationality of the Proprietor/Partners of the Applicant firm.
- Full Names, Address, Nationality and Nature of the Business of the Applicant.
- List of goods/services and classes or services according to the International classification.
- Translation of the Non-English word appearing on the mark.
- Exact meaning of the mark, if any in the foreign language other then the English language.
- Priority under the Paris convention can now be claimed in India. Details of Convention priority, if any first filed country, filing number and date.
Steps to Register Trademark
Provide Basic Documents
Search for Trademark Availability